Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back From Spring Break!


Well, I just spent a wonderful week in Jamaica with my husband over spring break! He took me back to the place he proposed! It was a much needed week in the warmth and sunshine- away from this sleeting, raining, snowing, wet, gross Minnesota weather!! 

Now it's back to reality and we are at least pretending spring is coming soon in my classroom! 

We started a unit on plant life cycles Monday. I couldn't find any Lima Beans- so I picked up some regular green bean seeds instead.  We "planted" the seeds in our plastic bags and I hung them on a wall close to a window for sunlight. (I saw other teachers actually just taped it right to the window... but again going back to the great Minnesota weather... the seeds would freeze at night if I did that.) 

Here are the seeds!  



I have a question: 
I heard that you should soak the seeds first? I did for about an hour- I wasn't sure if that was true or not? 

Wish our little seeds luck and I hope we see some sprouts soon! 

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment